With the approval of the President of Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Vietnam Institute of Linguistics will host the Third International Conference on the Linguistics of Vietnam under the theme: Modern linguistic trends and language studies in Vietnam.
With the approval of the President of Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Vietnam Institute of Linguistics will host the Third International Conference on the Linguistics of Vietnam under the theme:
Modern linguistic trends and language studies in Vietnam
: April, 22nd
: Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences,
No. 1 Lieu Giai, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi, Vietnam
III. Objectives of the Conference
1. To discuss contemporary trends in language studies around the world and their applications to linguistics research in Vietnam.
2. To gather and connect national and international researchers; and to create an international academic forum for presenting linguistic research findings, which can provide theoretical evidence and rationale for the Party and State to design language policies.
IV. Conference agenda
1. Introducing contemporary trends in linguistic research around the world.
2. Reviewing, analyzing, evaluating studies on the Vietnamese language, ethnic minority languages in Vietnam and the use of foreign languages in Vietnam in the following aspects:
a) Phonetics, Lexicology, Semantics and Grammar.
b) Dialectology and history of the Vietnamese language.
c) Ethnic languages in Vietnam
e) Systemic Functional Linguistics in educational contexts and other aspects of Applied Linguistics
f) Language and Culture
V. Submission guidelines
- The working languages of the conference are Vietnamese and English.
- Submission guidelines for papers can be found on the website of Vietnam Institute of Linguistics at http://www.vienngonnguhoc.gov.vn.
- The maximum length of the paper is 5000 words (around 10 A4 pages).
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words (around ½ A4 page).
Corresponding author’s contact information should be included with author names, titles, university degree, institution affiliation, mailing address, phone number, and email address at the end of the paper.
VI. Important Dates
- Registration and abstract submission: By January, 31st 2017
- Full paper submission: By February, 28th 2017
Please send the abstract and full paper to:
Room 408, Level 4, Vietnam Institute of Linguistics
9, Kim Mã Thượng, Ba Đình, Hà Nội.
Telephone: 04.37674574 Facsimile: 04.37674572
ON BEHALF OF THE CONFERENCE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
CHAIR OF THE CONFERENCE ORGANISING COMMITTEE,
DIRECTOR OF VIETNAM INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTICS
Nguyen Van Hiep, Prof. Dr.